Ellis Bird Farm Blog
EBF was pleased to co-host a very successful Writing Retreat on Sunday, July 26. The retreat, led by Dr. Jane Ross, was a series of reflective meditations on place, landscape and symbols.
At the end of the workshop, the participants agreed to produce a chapbook in the fall, a summary of the words and wisdom of those who gathered to contemplate - and share through prose and poetry - the beauty of Central Alberta (especially Ellis Bird Farm!)
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.