Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Winter has arrived early at EBF! The beaver pond had a skiff of ice over it by October 17th, but the beavers have since punched through and continue retrieving logs from the feeding pile to carry across to their cache just a few metres away. They chose to build their lodge on the east side of the pond, which is close to the feeding station (and away from our walking paths!). It will be interesting to see how long they keep the water open. We will keep supplying them with poplars as long as they can access them
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.