Ellis Bird Farm Blog
ONE OF THEM IS TO SPREAD YOUR WINGS AT ELLIS BIRD FARM
Have your feathers ruffled by this incredible bird conservation centre dedicated to mountain bluebirds, tree swallows and other native cavity-nesting birds. The working farm houses the world’s largest collection of bluebird nesting boxes, but the big draw is the flocks of purple martins, the only bird species dependent on humans for housing. Opening weekend kicks off on May 22, with the first public appearance of Ellis and Albert, the farm’s Great Horned Owl chicks born this past winter.
More things to do here.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.