Ellis Bird Farm Blog
EBF Hosts a Special Visitor
Ellis Bird Farm (EBF) was honoured on July 21 to have a special visit by Her Honour, The Honourable Lois E. Mitchell, CM, AOE, LLD, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta.
The visit was arranged at Her Honour's request after she read an article about Ellis Bird Farm written by Rod Trentham in The Historical Society of Alberta's History Now newsletter.
Staff as well as past and current board members were on hand to welcome Her Honour. She was given a tour of the site, and EBF was pleased to be able to share details about the history of the organization, tell some of the stories that have made EBF so unique and successful, and highlight some of our research projects.
All photos by Leo de Groot.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.