Ellis Bird Farm Blog
We have an abundance of Richardson's Ground Squirrels (gophers) on the EBF site this year. Not only are these small rodents an important food source for ows, hawks, foxes and coyotes, they delight us with their antics. This particular individual has discovered shelled sunflower seeds! When the resident Red Squirrel knocked a sunflower seed feeder off a branch, the gopher raced in to fill its pouches as full as possible!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.