Ellis Bird Farm Blog
EBF staff spent Friday morning doing a clean out of the Purple Martin nests. A special thank you to Debra McKinnon for volunteering to help us with this messy but necessary task. After entering the data, we have confirmed that the site hosted 100 pairs of martins this year, the same number as last year. The birds started departing for their wintering grounds in Brazil during the second week of August. By August 19, all had left and the site was eerily quiet.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.