Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Thanks to a grant from Dow, Ellis Bird Farm has embarked on a very important project documenting the history of both Ellis Bird Farm and the Prentiss site. Many early EBF board members, Prentiss site team leaders, and neighbours of Charlie and Winnie have been interviewed. Todayville of Red Deer has been retained to produce a series of short interview vignettes. The first of many interviews -- with EBF founding chair, Morris Flewwelling -- has now been posted. Stay tuned for future postings!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
EBF Wish List
Ellis Bird Farm
Sandy Van Dijk
Hours of Operation
Monday, May 18 - Monday Sept 7
Tuesday through Sunday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Holiday Mondays 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please note that Ellis Bird Farm is closed on most Mondays