Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Thank you Dow!
EBF is pleased that Dow has supported an important project at EBF - a beautiful bridge designed, built and installed by Wayne Froese of Top Peg Timber Framing. This bridge not only increases safety at the site, it showcases the importance of repurposing downed trees and using post-consumer recycled plastic. Shown on the bottom right is JY Vanier (Dow Team Leader), Wayne Froese (Top Peg Timber Framing) and Jonathan Beekman (Full Circle Plastics) . The bridge will be officially opened when EBF opens for the season in May.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.