Ellis Bird Farm Blog
We are pleased to announce that the first Purple Martins arrived at Ellis Bird Farm yesterday. The owlets are peeking their heads over the nest, the snowshoe hare continues to turn brown, a pair of geese are nesting near the entrance gate, a mallard has tucked her nest beside the cafe patio, and the ants are busy with their nuptials!
And the finishing touches have been put on the gift shop!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.