Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Purple Martin Presentation by Alisha Ritchie- Thursday, Sept 1st- 4PM. All are welcome. Refreshments will be served.
University of Manitoba Graduate Student, Alisha Ritchie, has been conducting ground-breaking research on Purple Martins at Ellis Bird Farm. She recently presented a paper at the North American Ornithological Conference entitled Intrinsic and extrinsic factors influencing parental provisioning rates of a migratory songbird, Purple Martin (Progne subis). Alisha will be give a repeat presentation of this paper at Ellis Bird Farm on Thursday September 1 at 4:00 PM. All are welcome. Refreshments will be served.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.