Ellis Bird Farm Blog
On a sad note, the EBF beavers have disappeared. They disappeared shortly before freeze up last fall, so we are not sure what happened to them.
With the beavers gone, we cleared part of one lodge off the wheelchair path so that the path will again be accessible, while still allowing visitors the opportunity to see these creatures' amazing handiwork.
Thanks to everyone who helped on this project.
If you’re curious about how beavers build their lodges, check out this video on YouTube.
Check out our Video Gallery for recordings of the beavers captured on Ustream.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.