Ellis Bird Farm Blog
New Bunny Hutch!
We are very pleased to accept a new beautiful bunny hutch. The hutch, which was created to resemble Charlie's grain elevator, was designed and built by Dale Nagel and his daughters, Rheann and Ronlyn. They made it to honour the memory of Ron Nagel, Dale's late father. Ron was a good friend of the Ellis's and often sought Charlie's advice on bird-related matters. The family, including Ron's wife, Lorraine, were delighted to deliver it to us earlier this week. VIDEOS HERE
We are not sure if we will have animals on the site this season, but this hutch will be a beautiful addition to the gardens and will be ready when the bunnies eventually arrive.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.