Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Mornings with the Martins
A beautiful August 2 morning was enjoyed by several Purple Martin enthusiasts. Del McKinnon of the Purple Martin Conservancy (PMC) was on hand to share his extensive knowledge about these aerial insectivores and to answer questions. We dropped one Purple Martin house so visitors could peek in on the nestlings. Our thanks to Del for his many years of mentoring and support!
Our next Morning with the Martins will be held tomorrow, August 3 from 9:00 to 11:00 AM. It is by donation. Please call to register if you are interested in attending.
At 1:00 PM, Dr. Delano Lewis will lead a Bug Walk around the site.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.