Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Morning with the Martins, held this past Sunday and Monday, was co-hosted by EBF's Myrna Pearman and Del McKinnon of the Purple Martin Conservancy in Ponoka. Del has an amazing knowledge of Purple Martins and he and his wife Debra have been instrumental in mentoring other martin keepers in Alberta and beyond. They have overseen the development of the huge EBF colony. Thanks to the McKinnons for sharing their Purple Martin wisdom and to all our visitors who joined us for two very special mornings to enjoy these beautiful birds.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.