Ellis Bird Farm Blog
On May 14, 2019, a fire started in a small patch of grass north of the Ellis Bird Farm site. Staff worked to limit the blaze until fire crews arrived, whereupon the fire was quickly contained. The fire caused some minor damage to a few trees but did not reach any buildings. Thanks to the fire department from the Prentiss site as well as fire crews from Lacombe County and the City of Lacombe for their quick response and assistance.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.