Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Knee High Nature Programs Continue
Claudia Lipski led three very well-received Knee High Nature Beaver programs yesterday at the site. We are pleased to be able to offer these popular programs to local families, who are grateful to be able to participate in engaging, nature-based outdoor activities with their children.
We have adapted our programs to ensure safety (e.g., smaller groups, each cohort is socially distanced from the others, each cohort receives their own sanitized tub with craft materials, the participants have their own bathrooms for use during the program, and all facilities and supplies are sanitized after each program).
We are offering many more programs in August - check out our website for details!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.