Ellis Bird Farm Blog
We were so excited to present Shonna McLeod with the 2021 Blue Feather Award yesterday at the Bluebird Festival! The Blue Feather Award is presented each year to an individual who makes a significant contribution to bluebird conservation in their lifetime. Shonna has spent decades looking after bluebirds (and still does!) since she started monitoring her own nest box trail in the 1990s. She's also banded countless nestlings, and mentored younger bluebird trail monitors in the Calgary area. In addition to maintaining her own trail, she is currently a bander in charge for the Saw Whet Owl Monitoring Project and spends around 40 consecutive nights per year banding from sunset to midnight! Thank you Shonna for all you've done and continue to do for the birds!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.