Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Many of the young Purple Martins are starting to fledge and our site is filled with the chatter of excited parents and demanding young. Our new observation tower provides an excellent way to get a "birds eye" view of the action. This image is of an adult turfing a snoopy young bird from another nest off its balcony. The adults do not take kindly to their neighbour's youngsters.
We are hosting a "Mornings with the Martins" starting at 9:00 AM on both August 4 and 5th. Although there will be fewer birds than last year, there is still lots of activity. We invite everyone who would like to enjoy the martins (with a morning coffee and muffin!) to join us.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.