Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Since we cleaned up all the EBF gardens this fall, we thought we'd supplement the diet of our resident snowshoe hares with a few pellets. The deer scarfed all the outside offerings so we decided to place a little pellet pile inside the Grain Elevator (the hares love being in this old building) and use a trail cam to see which creatures availed themselves of the treats. So far, we've recorded the hares, flying squirrels, red squirrels and so many adorable little deer mice. Rather than eating the food, it appears that they just pack it all away. So industrious!
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
EBF Wish List
Ellis Bird Farm
Hours of Operation
Monday, May 18 - Monday Sept 7
Tuesday through Sunday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Holiday Mondays 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please note that Ellis Bird Farm is closed on most Mondays