Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Monday, September 4th marks Ellis Bird Farm's final day open for 2017. We will be celebrating our 35th year open in the usual Closing Day festive manner, with live music from the Golden Music Makers out of Red Deer, a sale in our gift shop and all our exhibits open for display. We'll be open 11AM until 5PM, with the Golden Music Makers playing 1PM until 3PM. Come enjoy one last visit before we close for the winter.
Alisha Ritchie, who recently graduated with an MSc from the University of Manitoba, will be giving a summary of this thesis research at 11:30 AM.
The Busy Martin: Factors Influencing Purple Martin Nest Activity
Alisha will discuss some of the findings of her thesis, focusing her findings from the RFID work carried out at Ellis Bird Farm (EBF). She will compare nest activity at EBF with that at other colonies across North America.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.