Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm is holding a BioBlitz event this coming Father's Day--a neat way to spend some time with Dad!
What is a BioBlitz? It's an intense team effort to find as many animal species in one location as possible. Ellis Bird Farm is hosting our own effort to observe different bird and other animal species on Sunday, June 18 from 1-3PM. We will have scientists on hand to help us identify the species around us, including Susanne Maidment demonstrating hummingbird banding, Tim Schowalter with an owl pellet display and Joey Temple identifying bugs at the Wetland Centre. Come discover the diversity of creatures onsite at Ellis Bird Farm and help us count the species in your own Bioblitz Booklet. There will also be an owl craft to do. Bring Dad and the whole family!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.