Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Dr. Geoff Holroyd was the first presenter at EBF’s 2018 Adult Speaker Series. The very informative evening was spent hearing about the long term research on Tree Swallow reproduction documented at the Beaverhill Bird Observatory, Canada’s second oldest bird banding station, where Dr. Holroyd was a founding member and continues his commitment as the current Chair. Beaverhill Bird Observatory offers the Geoff Holroyd Young Ornithologists’ week-long natural history camp for youth aged 15-18 who are keen to delve into experiencing life as a biologist.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.