Ellis Bird Farm Blog
We are pleased that the EBF site is now open to the public! Our first guests of the season were Russell and Tress Philips, who tell us that they love coming to Ellis Bird Farm to listen to the birds.
Although the Cafe and Visitor Centres are still closed, we welcome visitors to enjoy the birds, the gardens and the trails. We have a small outdoor gift shop, our new Nature Play Area is open for children to enjoy, and we've set up extra picnic tables so visitors can enjoy their own picnics around the site. The trails to Sandpiper Pond and the West Woods are newly mowed.
We will be open Tuesday - Sunday and holiday Mondays. We will also be hosting some events over the summer - all details are at www.ellisbirdfarm.ca. For more information, call 403-885-4477
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.