Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm was honoured to have been invited to provide naturalists for the July 14th Battle River Train Excursion. This excursion (billed as "What's In that Field") focused on local habitats and farming practices. Claudia Lipski and Myrna Pearman provided natural history information, bird identification tips, and shared details about EBF and its wildlife at one of the stops. We highly recommend this train excursion, which is operated by a non-profit group and supported by local volunteers. There are several more rides coming up. For more details contact www.friendsofbrr.com or Facebook@BattleRiverRail.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.