Ellis Bird Farm hosted Shawn Moore of Trimmed Line Tree Services and Wayne Froese of Top Peg Timber Frame Construction at the site recently to asses the health of the trees around the EBF site and to discuss some new projects at the farm.
We are looking to partner with Wayne and Shawn to support their new initiative (Sawing for Schools) and to switch to using lumber - for our birdboxes and bird feeder kits - that has been sourced locally, mostly from the trees that were downed in Red Deer during last spring's wind storm.
Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
EBF Wish List
Ellis Bird Farm
Hours of Operation
Monday, May 18 - Monday Sept 7
Tuesday through Sunday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Holiday Mondays 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please note that Ellis Bird Farm is closed on most Mondays