Ellis Bird Farm Blog
As part of Earth Week this year, the employees and their families from Praxair Canada's Prentiss facility gathered for a fabulous participation event at the Ellis Bird Farm. Under the skilled tutelage of Sarah Ritchie, all the kids (and some adults too!) constructed bird feeders to take home along with Myrna Pearman's new book "Backyard Bird Feeding in Alberta"! Hot chocolate and pizza rounded out the event and everybody headed home to paint and install their bird feeders with big smiles and great memories.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.