Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Dow Volunteers Assist with Painting Bridge
We are grateful that volunteers from Dow have volunteered to stain the new bridge that Dow funded through a community grant.
On July 25, volunteers Angela Sam, Mariana Perez and Scott Jensen applied the first coat.
Happily, we were honoured to have a visit that day from Walter and Betty Lindley. Walter was the first Plant Manager of the Prentiss site, overseeing the construction and start-up phases in the late 1970s and early 1980s. He also sat as a director on the EBF board. It was Walter's vision and enthusiasm that helped lay a strong foundation for Ellis Bird Farm (EBF) and the exemplary partnership we continue to have with our industry partners.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.