Ellis Bird Farm Blog
DOW VIDEO PROJECT COMPLETE!
We are pleased that we have now completed our Dow Video Project. This project, which was funded by a Dow Community Grant, entailed interviews with early Prentiss team leaders, EBF board members and staff, as well as neighbours of Charlie and Winnie. It also covered Ellis Bird Farm's 35th anniversary, the celebration of recent projects, and the documentation of site changes between 2017-2020 with drone photography. We thought that a fitting conclusion to the project would be a short drone film created by Phil French. It is called EBF By Air. All footage was taken after the Purple Martins had left (soas not to frighten them) and after hours.
Our sincere thanks to Phil French, Leo de Groot and the folks at Todayville for sharing their time and talents with us on this project.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.