Ellis Bird Farm Blog
We are very grateful that Dow has confirmed funding support for a new gazebo to replace the old viewing deck near the upper pond. The gazebo will feature post-industrial plastic recycling (with product from the Prentiss site) as well as the use of local lumber. Wayne Froese of Top Peg Timber Framing has been on the stie recently, carefully choosing a few trees that Charlie Ellis planted in the mid 1950s. These trees will be milled to create this unique structure. Stay tuned!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.