Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Each year, the employees of Dow Chemical Canada and MEGlobal take to the ditches to keep their neighborhood clean and free of garbage. In the image above, was taken on Thursday, October 5, while Jean-Yves Vanier, Dow Site Leader and Rozanna Steenbergen, Dow Site Administrator were doing their part to show appreciation for the community they are fortunate to work in. Highway cleanup is an annual event, where Dow Chemical and MEGlobal employees volunteer their time to maintain the litter collecting on Prentiss Road from highway 597 and Lakeside Sargent to pick up trash such as drink cans and bottles, twine and junk food containers. Safety is most important on site, which is why all employees are required to wear high-visibility vests, gloves and carry portable radios. Roadway signage cautioning motorists is displayed throughout the duration of the clean-up.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.