Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Visitors to Ellis Bird Farm had a wonderful Canada Day Celebration on July 1 Highlights of the day included singing Oh Canada, readings by summer staff from the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples on our new circle deck, Canada Day crafts for the children, and presenting "Canada Jay" T shirts to Ron and Karen Edwards of Caroline. The Edwards' kindly and generously hosted the celebrity Gray Jays, "Elizabeth and Philip" and allowed EBF to live stream them. Myrna Pearman delivered two short presentations, one on Gray Jays (which we hope will be renamed Canada Jays) and an update on her wildlife wanderings and photography.
Thanks to everyone who came to visit!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.