Ellis Bird Farm Blog
The book signing tour has started off very successfully, with an enthusiastic response from Peavey Mart customers in Camrose and Wetaskiwin. With enthusiastic salesmanship from Claudia Lipski, we sold lots of books! We were especially delighted to meet Mary Macarthur of the Western Producer, whose story about our search for book images yielded over 800 photos being submitted from all across the Prairie Provinces! We were also delighted to reconnect with folks who are active with Purple Martins in Camrose and to meet new kindred spirits.
All Peavey Mart stores in Alberta should be stocked with books this week. Books can also be ordered online (www.peaveymart.com) and picked up at any Peavey Mart store in Canada!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.