Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm hosted a very successful Bluebird Festival on Saturday June 8. Our thanks to the following: Jazz Explosion for providing musical entertainment, Susanne Maidment for setting up her hummingbird banding station, Nature Alberta for their Nature Kids display, Red Deer River Watershed Alliance for their station at the pier, and Susan Manyluk for her Holme Hus Antique booth. A special thanks to all the volunteers who endured the heat with smiles, and for our amazing EBF staff who scurried all day long.
First image: We were very honoured to recognize two veteran bluebird trail operators this year for the Blue Feather Award, Vern Connelly of Alix (center) and Bill Ruttan (left) of Provost. The awards were presented by EBF Chairman, Bob Winchell (right).
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.