Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Bob Holtkamp, who lives in Yorkton, SK, has kindly transported the first delivery of the beautiful Morley Maier boxes that we will be auctioning off this coming season. Thanks Bob!
Our thanks also to Morley for preserving prairie heritage by transforming pieces of abandoned prairie homes in the Yorkton area into vintage bird boxes. We will have about 20 of these boxes on display when we open this season. The bidding wars will be fierce on these remarkable works of art!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.