Ellis Bird Farm joined forces with Kerry Wood Nature Centre (Todd Nivens, left) and the Red Deer River Naturalists (Judy Boyd) to host Dr David Bird at Kerry Wood Nature Centre last evening. Over 100 people showed up for his delightful presentation, which was all about bird nests. He also shared the story of the renaming of the Canada Jay (from Gray Jay) and his efforts to have the Canada Jay named as Canada's National Bird. Ellis Bird. Ellis Bird Farm presented him with a special Canada Jay T shirt.
We were also honoured to be able to give Dr Bird a quick tour of Ellis Bird Farm and show him the Canada Jay nest that we were able to have a webcam on last year.
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.