It was a wet and snowy Arbour Day but we had an amazing team of volunteers, staff and board members come out on Saturday to plant new trees and shrubs on site. Thanks to TD Friends of the Environment, Lacombe County and Wolf's Botanicals for enabling this project to occur. And a BIG thanks to the board, staff and volunteers who gave up their Saturday to tuck the plants into their new homes!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.