Ellis Bird Farm Blog
A BUSY LAST DAY
Ellis Bird Farm closed for the season on Monday, September 7th. Despite the weather, over 125 visitors showed up to celebrate the end of the season and the end of Myrna's involvement with Ellis Bird Farm. Highlights of the day included the presentation of a picture collage to EBF by Howard Woodrow (the Woodrows rented the farm between 1995 and 2005), a special thank you to David Miller (commemorative pin and plaque), a book signing by Myrna Pearman, raffle ticket draws, goodbyes to our farm animals and a release of our snakes and frogs back into the wild. Thanks to Marilyn and Debbie, who loaned us the goats for the summer, and thanks to Kirstin for making sure the chickens all went to happy new homes
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.