Ellis Bird Farm Blog
A big thanks to Red Deer Kiwanis Club members Rolf Thudium, Denny Jeong, Devan Bell and Steve Cormack for helping us install black tin under the Visitor Centre entrance. This tin will prevent the barn swallows from nesting under the high peak above the front entrance door. We welcome the swallows around the rest of the site, but the location above the door is fatally hot for the nestling swallows. Our site Foreman, Ron Biel, did an excellent job of overseeing the work. Thanks again to all involved!
Ellis Bird Farm
Video Stories here
video stories here
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
EBF Wish List
Ellis Bird Farm
Hours of Operation
Monday, May 18 - Monday Sept 7
Tuesday through Sunday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Holiday Mondays 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please note that Ellis Bird Farm is closed on most Mondays