Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm received a very generous donation of bird and bumblebee boxes from Lee Valley Tools in Edmonton earlier this year. The donation project was undertaken by Kelly Miciak out of the Edmonton Lee Valley store. She and her friend Davy cut and packaged the bird and bumblebee boxes, which were then picked up and built by service groups and organizations across the city. Other Edmonton Lee Valley staff also assisted with kit creation and with building some of the boxes. EBF benefits greatly from all this hard work on behalf of the birds and the bees. Service groups that built kits included Sherwood Park Cubs, Parkallen Scout Troop, the Northern Alberta Wood Carvers Association, St. Albert Cubs, Baturyn Cubs, Glenrose Rehabilitation and the Edmonton Lee Valley employees. What an amazing project--we are so grateful for everyone's involvement and hard work.
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.