Ellis Bird Farm Blog
On Sunday, June 16th, Ellis Bird Farm is celebrating Father's Day in style. We have added a Nature Playhouse to our site and will be officially opening it at 1:00 PM. We will also be revealing our new Nature Discovery Packs, which will be lent out for families to explore the natural world at EBF at close proximity. In addition, from 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM we are teaming up with the Alberta Amphibian and Reptile Conservancy to highlight Alberta's frogs and toads, and at 2:00 PM we are offering a guided hike to the West Woods. Come build a toad or salamander house for $4.00 or a bird feeder for $6.00. Come hungry because our Café is offering specials for the day. Celebrate the fathers in your life at Ellis Bird Farm!
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.