Claudia Lipski, Ellis Bird Farm's Education Coordinator, has received a prestigious award from Nature Alberta for her contribution to the Buffalo Lake Nature Club. The award - The Frank and Alice Harper Memorial Award - recognizes an individual’s unassuming commitment and service to a local Alberta nature club, and their efforts to support the betterment, efficiency, administration, operation and fulfillment of the club’s mandate. The award is named for Frank and Alice Harper, two long-time naturalists with the Lethbridge Naturalists Society who exemplified those admirable qualities of people who give whole-heartedly of themselves in carrying out the duties associated with keeping Alberta’s nature clubs active and vibrant. She was presented with the award by Nature Alberta Past President, Dr. Lou Carbyn.
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.