Thanks to a very generous grant from Dow Canada, Ellis Bird Farm has been undertaking an oral history project. This project entails collecting oral interviews with neighours and friends of Charlie and Winnie Ellis, as well as founding Ellis Bird Farm board members and team leaders from the Prentiss site. We have conducted close to 20 interviews already, thanks to the expertise of Duane Rolheiser of Todayville as well as Phil French and Leo de Groot.
Thanks to Dean Chessor (shown here), Grant Oatway and Ron Wright and for taking the time to share their memories of Charlie and Winnie. We also thank JY Vaneir (top right) and David Miller (bottom right), Site Leaders from Dow and MEGlobal respectively, for taking time out of their busy schedules to be interviewed. We are very grateful for this grant and are pleased to have much of the Ellis Bird Farm/Prentiss Site history now documented!
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.