School programs are well underway. Teachers and students enjoy the interesting and hands-on nature programs offered at Ellis Bird Farm.
Our thanks to Carolyn Rallison of Last West Gardens for her generous donation of perennials to Ellis Bird Farm. All the perennials are excellent for bees and butterflies. Carolyn has been a big EBF supporter over the years.
Our Glover's Silk Moths are hatching! We were excited yesterday to discover that the adults of these gigantic moths, which we overwintered at the site, are finally emerging. Our thanks to Dr. David Lawrie for donating the caterpillars to us and showing us how to raise these moths. We will release these native moths on the site.
Ellis Bird Farm Blog
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
Ellis Bird Farm