The 2017 Camrose Purple Martin Festival will take place on Saturday, June 17 (9:30 am to 3 pm) at the Stoney Creek Centre (5320 - 40 Ave., Camrose). Join us for great bird watching, Purple Martin management tips, nature studies, and more. Activities include a tour of nest boxes around Camrose, a talk by Gerald Romanchuk (Hangout out with Hawk Owls), a talk by Lois Johnson (Mountain Bluebirds: Trails and Tales), workshops for beginning and advanced martin landlords, and activities for kids.
Ellis Bird Farm board and staff are busy preparing for the upcoming season. Thanks to a very generous donation from the Twilight Homes Foundation, we will be able to complete two new infrastructure projects -- a paved wheelchair path linking the Visitor Centre and Cafe as well as a new deck. Meetings have been underway to finalize the details.
Ellis Bird Farm
When purchasing from our online bookstore, Myrna will be happy to "sign" any of her books for you.
All proceeds from the sales of these books support the education, conservation, and research programs of Ellis Bird Farm.
· Household brooms
· Yarn and plastic lacing cord
· Umbrellas to loan out to visitors on rainy days
· Wooden or nature-based plastic beads for our school and day camp programs
· Old fashioned one-speed bike (to keep the farmstead theme of EBF). This would be used for staff to open and close the gate and other errands around the site.
· Leaf blowers
· Bistro sets (small table, two chairs
We celebrate the contributions cats and birds make to our lives, our environment, and our communities, and invite Canadians to consider what they can do to make Canada a safer place for both cats and birds. Here.
Ellis Bird Farm